Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyclone82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
For some reason Word displays a paper size of 10.5" x 15.5" on one of my 3 profiles. I know how to go in and change the paper size and margins, but the darn thing simply defaults to this strange size. When I go into page set up it says it's 8.5 x 11. But when you open up a document, word margins show 10.5x15.5. WHen I try to print it off a word doc it cuts off part of the document...because the paper size is 8.5x11, but the file sent to my printer thinks the paper is 11.5x15.5. Really strange. I'm a fairly solid PC user and have spent what seems like hours reviewing my set up. I've definitely tried the all of the common trouble shooting steps. Again...this just happens to one of the profiles. When I pull up Word from another profile it displays and prints just fine. So, I suspect something is set at the profile level. I just upgraded from Windows for mac 2008 to 2011 and the problem is still there.

Any ideas? I'm about to step out on the ledge. :eek:

Thanks!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Check your default printer driver and delete normal.dot.

EDIT: Wait, that's for Windows Office you are actually asking about Mac versions.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.