Word document app for the Apple TV 4

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by landontodd9501, Nov 7, 2015.

1. landontodd9501 macrumors newbie

I'm still considering picking up a new Apple TV 4 however has anyone seen or know of any word document type apps that are available in the App Store for it?

2. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Doubt it, at least until Apple decides to let us connect a Bluetooth keyboard, or provides some other alternatives for keyboard input. I doubt anyone will bother with this kind of app. Of course, I've been wrong before :D

3. nifta macrumors member

I could see the usefulness of that! Add in other office apps, and cloud storage, and you have something that starts to be like a Mac mini, but at a much lower price.

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

There's definitely a case for providing this functionality. Apple would be crazy not to support it, perhaps once they get over their initial phase of promoting it as a media device they will begin to expand it's options a little.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Writing texts using the new remote.... Ouch...

Keyboards arent supported yet.

6. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Why?

If you want to use your TV for Word then just hook it up via a HDMI adapter to your computer. Starting with the failed WebTV of years ago there is a reason that having a web browsing on your TV via media player doesn't ever catch on ... because the experience sucks! Word on your TV would be no different. A TV is a different tool than a computer, and a computer is a different tool than a tablet/phone. I know there are those that think that eventually all these things will coalesce with common OSs but so far Apple, Google, and Microsoft have failed at all attempts.

7. IndianBird macrumors 6502a