Word documents - how to search within text?

sun surfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
On a Safari webpage, you can use command/F. And that's what google tells me to do with a word document too.

But it brings up some "find and replace" thing that doesn't seem to work for searching text? No webpage I'm finding in a google search seems to be able to explain how to do it simply, and it should be simple, right?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
On a Safari webpage, you can use command/F. And that's what google tells me to do with a word document too.

But it brings up some "find and replace" thing that doesn't seem to work for searching text? No webpage I'm finding in a google search seems to be able to explain how to do it simply, and it should be simple, right?
That find and replace function does search the document. You can elect to just find and not replace.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Actually, it looks like it found "long". It didn't find "something". :D
You know, sometimes I really fear for your capabilities to understand, why I chose the word I chose. It is pretty simple, not pretty, but simple. I chose long, because the cat, some call them ***** (hey, if Craig Ferguson can say that on LIVE TV, we should be able to too - and it seems we can't, because that word means something very, very evil, unlike cock), that looks through the window, my neighbour's window, looked for a very long time. Thus I came to the inspiration to search for that word, and the rest is history. Unless someone deletes it even from the History.plis file. Now where can I found out about her story. I mean the girlfriend, not the cat. Cats don't talk, they command.