Word for dummies?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by manyrains, Aug 28, 2009.

1. manyrains macrumors member

I'm trying to be able to move a Smartart graphic around freely on the page. Can't find text wraparound function that allows me to do this on PC.

I've been scolded for asking simple questions on here, but, as with about 10 other things I've tried to learn about Word 2008 , I get absolutely no help from the Help search .
    Anyone, please?
    Thanks
    And yes, I'm on my way to buy word for dummies

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Sorry I can't help you but I do offer condolences. I too have a huge trouble with office programs. They are just completely unintuitive. I wont even tell you how long it took me to figure out how to add and remove pages (why "insert page break" why not have "add new page" omg...)

Give me ZBrush, give me Maya, give me XCode, Photoshop, Painter X but please dont make me use office!

On a side note I downloaded iWork to try it, it is MUCH friendlier but I'm still suspicious since its an office type app. Ill be putting it through its paces before I buy.

3. ez4u2sa67 macrumors member

ez4u2sa67

4. manyrains thread starter macrumors member

The thought of getting a new program sort of sucks, but, as indicated by some of the posts above, this is seeming to suck.