Word for Mac crashing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dogluvver, Jan 29, 2015.

1. dogluvver macrumors newbie

Using Yosemite 10.10.2 and been using Word for some time. An associate sent me a MS Word file, by email, for editing. On clicking the attachment, Word opened the file and then the Word program 'disappeared'.

I have shutdown and restarted my MacBook Air and tried again with the same result.

Shutdown and restarted again, open Word for Mac which started but then the program opened the file that was sent to me automatically and then promptly disappeared again.

I can open the file in Pages but because of the formatting cannot do what is required to complete the job.

Any ideas why word for Mac is behaving the way it is and how do I stop it?

Brian

2. liya1201 macrumors member

This has happened to me before. Deleting all preferences files associated with Microsoft in Your home\Library\Preferences cured this problem for me.

3. julianps macrumors member

julianps

There can sometimes be an issue with fonts too; you should be able to use Font Book or, in-extremis something like Titanium Software's, Onyx to clean out application fonts. The first time Word starts after that it will slow to load as it rebuilds its font collection.

4. dogluvver thread starter macrumors newbie

This worked of me. Thanks:)

Brian