Word for Mac Page numbering

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dickmill, Jan 11, 2016.

1. dickmill macrumors newbie

I hope I'm in the right forum, but if not, please direct me -- I couldn't find a specific Word forum!

This should be simple -- but I must be missing something...I've numbered documents before...

For example, create a 4 page word document. I want Page 3 to be the first page of numbering. I insert a section break (next page) at the end of page 2. I insert page numbers on page 3 (section 2), making sure that "continue from previous section" is unchecked.

Word numbers the 4 page document 1-2-1-2. I don't want the first two pages (section 1) numbered! If I delete the numbers in section 1, the numbers in section 2 also disappear.

What am I missing???

2. sharky25ant macrumors member

I tried it in Pages app and did what you want to do. Sorry but don't have word for mac :(

3. ObelixUderzo macrumors newbie

Hi,

I think you have to uncheck "link to previous" under "header and footer".

Regards

4. dickmill thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes -- thank you --

I finally worked it out in the Office Forum. It's not apparent that you have to click in a header or footer to have the ribbon come up with a "link to previous" option. I was looking for it among the ribbon choices and couldn't find it until I noticed it after clicking in a footer...not obvious at all...