Word for Mac - Text Effects

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LNFowler, Jun 7, 2012.

1. LNFowler macrumors newbie

I hope someone can help, or at least point me in the right direction. Using Word for Mac, I find the white typeface on the blue background is too feint. There is a "Text Effects" menu that can darken the typeface (Format-Font-Text Effects-Text Line) but I can't find anyway top save the new settings in my normal template. How can I make the new text effects permanent? Many thanks/ LNF

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The most effective assistance that anyone can give you is to convince you to leave Text Effects alone. Text Effects are for people who don't need the sophistication and professionalism of The Print Shop. I mean seriously. That stuff was dated in the ’80s. Let the embarrassments of the ’80s stay in the ’80s.

3. LNFowler thread starter macrumors newbie

But that doesn't solve the problem. The typeface is too light and when I make a 1% change in the text effects, the typeface (white type on blue screen) is very bright and I can see it. I'm simply trying to find out how to make that simple text effect a permanent feature of the normal.dotx template, or any other way to brighten the type. Thanks/ LNF