Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
So I've been asked to design a form for a company. They what it editable in Word. They what there logo in colour included. I've made the elements that won't be editable in indesign and exported as a jpeg. Imported that image as a header in Word. (It's a little large [250k] so I'll do it again later as a gif).

The trouble is when I save the word file as a .dot it becomes a 1mb file – not the best size for emailing clients. Anyone know how to keep the doc size down? I've no experience in Word so any tips greatly appreciated. (Apart for don't use Word :p)

p.s. It's Word version 10.1.4 for Mac

SnowX

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
What are they using the form for? What resolution are your graphics? Are these graphics in colour as well or just the logo?

You might want to play in PS to optimize your images.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
What are they using the form for?
Using it for mailing their clients to print an fill out.

What resolution are your graphics?
I was going to save at 150DPI as it will be coming out of desktop printer that won't need higher res. then that.

Are these graphics in colour as well or just the logo?
Logo in colour, everything else is lines, colout text and coloured boxes.

I was given this link on another forum, people here may find it useful...

http://www.creativepro.com/article/...rt-custom-letterhead-microsoft-word-templates

I was also told to try saying any logos into .emf format – a kind of MS vector type.

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
I'd say use a PDF form instead. Adobe Reader 9 finally has the ability to print and save forms (this wasn't the case back in the version 6 and 7 days) - it's free (not everyone owns Word).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.