Word: Mac 2008 letterhead help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GrayCatStudio, Aug 31, 2009.

1. GrayCatStudio macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have created a letterhead design for a client, originally using InDesign CS4, however they requested to have it be in Word. Since they are not designers and needed to be able to type up letters/memo's themselves.

I placed in the PNG's of the header and footer and everything types fine, but the display in word looked Faded. When printed on our end it was in full saturation.

When we sent the word document to our client they tried typing up and printing out a letter, but they say it is appearing faded like on screen.

I have been looking for information about this problem but have not found anything yet. Does anybody have any solutions/fixes to this? Is there also any way to make it appear full saturation on screen instead of having a faded look?

2. GrayCatStudio thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Try looking at it in Print View instead of Layout View. Your header/footer info is displaying as a watermark rather than part of the document.

HTH ... Cheers! :cool:

4. GrayCatStudio thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice - I checked the document and it was already in Print View and the header and footer look faded. When I go to Publishing view it shows everything in full saturation though, with an additional wood grain-like background as if it's sitting on a table.

5. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Only thing I'd suggest is go back to InDesign CS4 and double check that there's not some whacky background inserted in there. Unfortunately, I don't recall Word having anything similar to an Inspector to manage all the elements but to test what's there, take a look at backgrounds and watermarks. It might be in the translation from one program to another.

Good luck and all that (customers can be a rather prickly lot when it comes to such things)!