Word Mac 2011 - where is normal template

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PAwithnewMac, Sep 22, 2014.

1. PAwithnewMac macrumors newbie

This has been posted before, but none of the suggestions I have found work for me. I want to re-set my normal template. I cannot find it anywhere using Finder. I have now spent an hour on this! I am used to Microsoft and have been struggling for a year with Office for Mac. I have OSX 10.8.5. Thanks.

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Go to the User's Library folder. This folder is hidden by default. To unhide:*Select the Finder in the Dock. Under Go in the Menu bar > hold down the Option key and you’ll see the Library.

Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/Normal.dotm

3. PAwithnewMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Diane,

Under Application Support Microsoft - there were two files MAO2 or something (unfortunately I wrote it all out on a reply and then the MacRumors site asked me to submit my password again - when I had already done it and I lost the whole of my message - should have copied before I pressed Submit!).
    Then I tried and tried again, the flicky thing on GO kept taking me to Computer and not sticking on Library but I eventually got there - 45 mins later - I am very happy I have now found the template.

Thank you.

4. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

You looked in the wrong Library folder. I gave you directions to show your User's Library folder. Look in User's Library.

Macintosh HD Root folders
    Applications
    Library
    System
    Users > You > Library