Word / PDF Editor for the Apple Pencil

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jotun, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Jotun macrumors newbie

Hello everyone

I'm not yet convinced to purchase an Office 365 subscription, but I do need to do some basic editing on Word / PPT / PDF docs: notes, underlining, stuff you would normally do with a pen on a paper - printed document.

What good options are there to do this ? I don't mind buying a good app, but since so many paid apps focus first on Note taking, it's not clear to me which ones have good editing capabilities for my needs.
    I'm thinking Notability, but am not 100% sure about it.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

2. childoftheko4n macrumors regular

awaiting pencil supplies, but can anyone confirm that perfect pdf 5 works with it? O.O

3. Jotun thread starter macrumors newbie

I was so surprised to walk into the Apple store today and come out with a Pencil. They had plenty of stock as well. This is in the Netherlands btw.

Apparently supplies are shipped every day, but in low quantities (2-3 at once). If you call them around 10:30 AM, that's when everything has been scanned and you have the highest chance to get a Pencil.

I followed this and got one right away. This is in Amsterdam btw. Hope you can follow this method as well in your area.

Not sure about perfect pdf though.

4. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

If you want to edit a Word file and write on it, than Office will be your best best (though Word doesn't get Pencil support until next month). If you just want to write & highlight on a static PDF file, then several apps will let you do that, including OneNote, GoodNotes, Documents & PDF Expert, and several others.

5. Jotun thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I've bought Notability. Works great on PDF and PPT. For some reason it couldn't import the Word docs I wanted (error in conversion). Had to convert them myself to pdf first. I like the app, seems to be just what I needed.