• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

maxorific1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Hey everyone. What would be the best retina-ready word processing app for the rMBP right now?? Or does anyone know when Pages or other word processing apps will be retina-ready?

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
I'm probably going to switch over to pages once its updated because I highly doubt microsoft will update office 2008 and 2011.

Comment

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Sadly I think you are probably right. But I just cannot use anything other than Word, cannot stand writing with anything else.

Well it's just gonna be a matter of learning something new. The great thing about pages is that it's fully Word compatible so people can read your documents in Word.

Comment

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
Well it's just gonna be a matter of learning something new. The great thing about pages is that it's fully Word compatible so people can read your documents in Word.

Sometimes there are compatibility issues and the formatting can look different when you open a document in MS Word that was created in Pages.

Comment

maxorific1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Well hopefully apple is working round the clock on the iwork updates

Comment

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
TextEdit works fine for simple word processing and is "Retina-optimized".

TextEdit's performance is atrocious. Throw in a simple table or two and then scroll and it'll show just how bad it is. Or just a bunch of text over a couples of pages and the same thing happens. I'm using Lion incidentally.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.