Word processor advice

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jps1012, May 24, 2011.

1. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

I am looking for a word processor where I can take a Microsoft word file open it, edit it and then email it back to myself or dropbox and open it up again I'm Microsoft word. Are there any apps that can do that?

2. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

There are a few different options for this- a quick search in this forum or the App store will find apps like Documents to Go, Quick Office, and my preferred app, Pages.

They all have slightly different levels of functionality, so worth exploring all of them to see which will do what you need it to.

3. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks for the reply. I don't think pages will work well for me bc I need something that works well with microsoft word. I want to edit docs i started on my PC in microsoft word and then open the revised file in microsoft word on my PC again. What's best for that? How is Office HD?

4. dataParser macrumors newbie

You could try OpenOffice.org. If cost isn't an issue, it is probably just easiest to go with Microsoft Office for mac. That way you will have Word on both your mac and PC, so compatibility issues will be minimized.