Word Processor with Outlining and doc. Format Support

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Fluffeh, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Fluffeh macrumors newbie

Hi everyone :)

So I just got my iPad 2 last week and I'm looking for a good word processing app with lots of bullet styles, font types, colors, etc. and with the ability to save in doc. format and sync with dropbox. I think I'm looking for an outliner but I'm not totally sure that's the word for it. I just need it for notetaking... I make complex notes. :) Also, it needs to be able to work with a bluetooth keyboard. (I read somewhere that not all apps support this?)

Right now, I have Notability (which I found out about from this forum). For font styles, it's perfect but I'd really prefer to have the doc. format so if I import existing word documents they don't look so messed up.

I also noticed Notability seems to crash when the file I'm working on gets to 20KB or higher. Is this an issue with the app or a limitation of the iPad? Is it a 4.3 compatibility issue? I don't have anything running in the background and tried a fresh restart. Basically, I can deal without doc. format but the random crashing really kills it for me. Other than that, it really does almost everything I need.

For the record, I don't have a problem paying $10+ for an app, I just want to make sure I get the right one the first time. :)

2. jbrock macrumors newbie

Hi Fluffeh,

Thank you for using Notability and for your thoughts. We always appreciate hearing from our customers and are very sorry you are having problems with the app.

This is the first we have heard of a recurring crashing problem. We would greatly appreciate if you would contact us directly at support@gingerlabs.com so we can help solve the problem.

Again, thank you for using Notability and your time.

Warm Regards,
    Justin