Word processors

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crimsonangel, Mar 29, 2010.

1. crimsonangel macrumors newbie

On snow leo I have both pages and MS word. And on windows 7 I have word 2010.

I enjoy using the word 2010 for windows over every word processor I have used. On mac when I use word it feels clunky and cluttered compared to its windows counterpart, Pages seems allot more snappy and robust but its seems like its lacking and not as good as word in things like its auto correction ability and some other things. As for pages interface, like word for mac it also seems cluttered and at least for me is somewhat irritating to use (I dislike for one when I would like to change the format of something it opens a new window rather than not having these options built right in to the main window). I love the user interface of word 2010 for windows its very simplistic and extremely streamlined it is also immensely robust and loaded with features.

Are their any alternatives for mac other than pages or word that feels more like word in windows?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. Arrandale macrumors regular

NeoOffice and OpenOffice are both great.

You can use Bean - it's lightweight and elegant, but lacks features.
    You can also use AbiWord. This is really quite good.