Word questions I've sure never had before

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by manyrains, Aug 12, 2009.

1. manyrains macrumors member

Working with Word 2008, on my Mac Pro, not my main office computer, so not entirely expeirienced with it. I'm frustrated with several little things:

1. How do you turn off "snap to grid"? I'm trying to move around text boxes and objects.

2. It appears that arrows on on line ends aren't evenly aligned with the line. ???

3. Is there a way to set default objects to simple black , not shadowed, etc?

Since I put office 2008 even on my windows PC, I've thought that I like the older version better- on the Mac it seems even different. (I'm holding off saying "worse", as I sure am open to "operater error/ignorance" But... am I nuts?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes. Nothing that anyone can tell you is a substitute for sitting down with Word and learning how to use it.

3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

With a bit of research yourself (ever tried the help in Word itself?) you can find many answers.

1) View -> Toolbars -> Drawing, there's a snap-to-grid options button.
    2) I'm not sure what you mean here, but it might just be a drawing thing on your screen - in print it'll probably line up.
    3) After setting an object how you want, right-click and click "Autoshape defaults" this sets the defaults for that type of object for that document to those settings.

4. almo2001 macrumors newbie

I don't see this on my installation of Word 2008.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Have you looked? If your installation is complete, then it should be there.

6. almo2001 macrumors newbie

Yes, I have looked. I finally found it, but not on the Drawing toolbar. I have to right click an empty space on the presentation and mess with "Grid Options..." My Drawing toolbar doesn't have anything about guides or snapping.

7. Chulp macrumors newbie

For Word for Mac 2011

For anyone using newer versions:
    Format -> Arrange -> Align -> Grid Options

Not the fastest thing to find