Word that work on mac and windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spick, Aug 31, 2007.

1. spick macrumors member

I'm trying to find an application that can be use on both mac and windows. I thought office 2004 works, but the save file couldn't be open in windows xp.

Just want a application that I can take notes with on mac and then I can view the save file on my xp desktop(not necessarily editable).

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

word should be fine, otherwise you can export as a PDF from any application that prints with the PDF menu in the print dialog.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Except for Entourage 2004, all applications in the Office 2004 suite create files that open just fine in their corresponding Windows XP apps. I have a sneaking suspicion that your Windows XP computer does not have Microsoft Office installed. If this is the case, then you need to install Office on the Windows machine.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Also, you need to be sure to save the Mac file with a ".doc" extension, so the PC version of Word recognizes it.

5. Queso macrumors G4

That'll be it. In the Save As.. box on the Mac version there's a little "Append File Extension" tick box. Make sure it's selected.

6. spick thread starter macrumors member

that's it, I have to save it as .doc. Thanks CanadaRam for pointing that out.