Word

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jer446, Jul 28, 2007.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I have been formatting a transcript for the past few days.. I need to send it to my advisor, but i just realized he does not have the font installed on his computer, as he uses windows. I used the font chalkboard. What is the best way to send the file over to him, because if i change the font i need to redo everything. It is not absolutely necessary that he can edit it, but it would be nice. What should I do?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think if you want to keep the font you're going to have to make it a PDF file, which isn't editable. Just use the print command and select "save as PDF" from the PDF menu.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Saving the file as a PDF might work. If the PDF doesn't work, then convert it to an image. :)

4. Homer2556 macrumors newbie

If it's not a necessity to edit it, you could send as a .pdf. I don't use Mac Word very much, so I don't know if you can save directly, but you can always use the Adobe online .pdf tool.

Edit: damn I'm slow.

5. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Just for futrue reference: The "Save as PDF" function is built into the Mac OS Printing engine. Nothing to do with word. Anything, in any program, that you can print, you can save as a PDF.