Word2011 Save As...options

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sunsnewmac, Jan 15, 2011.

1. sunsnewmac macrumors 6502

sunsnewmac

I have a question about Word2011. I want the option for saving in different folders each time instead of the limited default options/most recent places list. I guess I would like to be able to interface with Finder so that I can save in any number of different folders of my choosing. How can I do this (without having to move the item later)?

2. sunsnewmac thread starter macrumors 6502

sunsnewmac

I looked all through the preferences menus and Google searched the issue but have come up with nothing, so I will assume that Word will not let me save anywhere I want in Finder.:(

That being the case, what would you suggest I do to manage hundreds of files created for dozens of different clients?

Using NeoOffice, I had devoted one folder per client and save all the client's docs directly to the assigned folder. Now that I can't do that, is there a different approach to client file & folder management I should be using? Other than this, I love the way Word 2011 works on my new MBAir!!

3. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

I don't have Office for mac 2011 and I've probably misunderstood but are you talking about the save dialogue, where it shows the recent items as you mentioned? If so, is there a little button with an arrow to the right of the textfield where you name the file? That will expand it to a Finder-like window if that is what you want. I apologise if I've misunderstood your issue.

EDIT: Also you may want to look at Automator - it could possibly be helpful in organising your various documents for various clients with some scripts. This is one thing I really like about the mac - the relative ease of creating scripts that can really be helpful.