Wordperfect on Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dwynnejr, Sep 30, 2009.

1. dwynnejr macrumors newbie

Anyone know how i can get wordperfect on my mac? I just made the switch from pc.

I know there have been threads about this,but most that i see have been outdated.

Thanks so much for the help!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can run it through virtualization or if you plan on installing a Windows partition you can run it natively.

3. janewales macrumors newbie

You can't run WordPerfect in the current Mac OS. So you have two choices. You can install Windows on your Mac and use Windows (either boot into it using BootCamp or run something like Parallels or VMWare Fusion) when you want to run WordPerfect, or you can find a (free) program that will open WordPerfect files in (Snow) Leopard and gradually tranfer them to a Mac-friendly form-- many people recommend OpenOffice, but it didn't work for me. NeoOffice does, however. So I have all my old WP files on my Mac, and as I need them, I open them with NeoOffice, and then save them into Word format. I decided against running Windows on my Mac, so I can't tell you how things work if you use Parallels or Fusion-- maybe someone else can.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

You might look into crossover Mac. It's supposed to be able to handle wordperfect. see

http://www.codeweavers.com/

plus you don't need to buy windows.