WordPerfect X4 on Parallels--not working

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JDWatPitt, Jan 9, 2010.

1. JDWatPitt macrumors newbie

I installed Parallels 5 for Mac, for the sole purpose of being able to run WordPerfect (which I adore and cannot live without) on my new Mac.

Parallels installed just fine, and apparently so did WPX4. However, when I launch WPX4 (either by opening the program or opening a document that then activates the program) I get an error message telling me that WPX4 has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I have uninstalled WPX4, but not Parallels. Before I attempt to reinstall WPX4 or monkey around with Parallels, I wanted to see if any of you have encountered a similar problem and know of good fixes.

Please, keep it simple for me--I'm a Mac newbie and by no means a computer expert.

I'm at the end of my rope right now. I want to cry, or just curl up and die. I need something in my life to WORK. Please, please help me.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

when you install parallels you also need to install windows first.

I can understand being devoted to WordPerfect; it used to be my favorite before Microsoft Word became the standard.

If you have a copy of windows you can install that via bootcamp and wpx4 will probably run fine that way.

3. JDWatPitt thread starter macrumors newbie

I did load Windows. I'm running XP on Parallels 5. Sorry I neglected to mention that.

4. Jadrool macrumors newbie

Hey JDWatPitt,

Did you get it to work? I just bought a Mac and also want to run WordPerfect. But I want to make sure it's gonna work first!

Thanks.