Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Hi guys. Okay, I have what is probably an easy fix but at the moment, can't get my head around where to go to adjust this. I'm setting up a wordpress blog, basically modifying the kubrick theme. I plan to use my iPhone and the Wordpress app to keep it updated.

When I write a post and upload an image attachment, the image appears, but also always as a direct link to the direct .jpg file. I want to turn this linking off so only the image shows up, but it doesn't serve as a link to itself.

Also, the images upload at 640x480. The only option I saw in the app was turning automatic image resizing on or off, but nowhere to adjust the upload size. Is there a way to modify this?

With any help, thanks very much.

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
I'm gonna assume your first issue is in regards to the web interface:

A link url is automatically given to images you upload. Under the options
you'll see a section titled "Link URL". Just leave that blank and it won't link to the image anymore.

As to your second question, now I'm not certain of this, but I think the reason the photo size is always 640x480 is because thats the default resolution the Iphone takes photos at. I've never played around extensively with the camera, so I'm not sure if its possible to set it to something lower.

If there happens to be an HTML view when you edit posts like on the web version, you can adjust it manually there. Otherwise I have no clue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.