WordPress Application For Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, May 3, 2010.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Hello members,

I've been searching for an app that would let me open my WordPress blog on my mac, is their such an app? On the wordPress site their is a software download called WordPress 2.9.2. Who here uses this? What are my option?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can run WordPress locally with MAMP. Before you ask the forum to give you a step-by-step instruction guide on how to go about doing this, try Googling it first.

WordPress 2.9.2 is the most up-to-date version of WordPress. Many sites use it. That's pretty much your only option unless you care to go back and find an older version, but I don't know why you'd do that if you're starting fresh.

3. rattydog macrumors newbie

Are you actually looking to 'host' your own blog or are you looking for a program that allows you to access and post to your blog without needing to go to the WordPress site?

If you are looking to host then the previous post will be helpful (MAMP + WordPress 2.9.2). However, if you are simply looking for a program to edit, view, and post to your blog then you could check out MarsEdit or Google 'weblog editor osx' for other choices.

4. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Hey mac I was looking to see what others are using here! Perhaps you should have considered that.

5. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Thank you. I'm just looking to post and update my blog.

6. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps simple, but I have begun using MacJournal.

7. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

8. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Thanks I have this app now.

Wonderful apps. Thanks.