wordpress blog help

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by ambient, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ambient macrumors member

Hi,

Just looking for some programming/PHP help.. Im trying to setup a photoblog site with this as the homepage;

[​IMG]
    The idea is that it integrates with a weblog platform such as Wordpress and clicking on the dates with a post link off to the appropriate permalink if there.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great I can have managed to style it successfuly using wordpress theme style.css. Just having trouble making a full year calendar using the get_calendar function. Is this the best way to go about it? My PHP programming is not great but i can use HTmL/CSS well.

Is wordpress the best way to go for this? Is there another way to do it? Any advice ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I can tell you that you'd probably get a better response in Wordpress Support Forums. Good luck! :)

3. ambient thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thanks anyway.. I have been looked thru the forums Im thinking I might go about it a different way.

I'm thinking a if else statement to determine if the corresponding date has and actual post and then it becomes a link and which goes to the relevant permalink in a new window.

How do i query the wordpress database to determine if it has a post and how would i structure my if else statement. Sorry im from more of a animation actionscript background my php skills are very rusty.

This is what I'm working from at the moment

ambientdesignstudio.com/artisviolence

Any one have any ideas?

4. weldon macrumors 6502a

weldon

Wordpress has built-in support to generate a calendar grid with links to posts on any particular day. There is a calendar widget that you can drop in your sidebar too.
    Code:
    <?php get_calendar(); ?>
    is the relevant wordpress command.