Wordpress image insertion issue

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by garretruh, Mar 22, 2012.

1. garretruh macrumors member

I've got a up-to-date Wordpress installation for a high school newspaper. Very little code editing and mostly stable plugins. On any post I try to insert an image, it displays very weirdly (example @ http://transversal.me/pe/?p=40356 ). I have no idea why and looking at the Webkit developer tools hasn't helped. I'm relatively inexperienced with PHP, so I don't have the skill set to even begin to analyze the issue. I'm able to set featured images fine, but something gets messed up whenever I try to insert an image into the actual post. Thanks for any help in advance.

P.S. Might not be the same issue, but whenever a post is less than 3 or 4 lines, my Sociable plugin buttons across the bottom of the post also seem to "duplicate" and get shown weirdly at the top of the window. Just in case it's relevant.

2. brisbaneguy29 macrumors 6502

brisbaneguy29

I would need to see your code of your header, because something screwy is going on, and wordpress is inserting an image into the body, and a whole heap of stuff that should be in the <head> section of your site is actually in the <body> section. You got something busted in your header.php file somewhere.

3. garretruh thread starter macrumors member

4. manueld macrumors 6502

looks like you didn't close a tag properly in there. Take a look at the post and make sure there's not an errant " or a missing close tag.