Wordpress Issues

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by justinm, Jul 8, 2008.

1. justinm macrumors member

I am having some issues with my self hosted wordpress blog. My footer is misaligned. I don't understand why. I have tried multiple browsers. Here is an image of the problem. The URL is http://jntechhelp.com (Hope you guys like it! ;) Thanks!

BTW, if you need any files like the CSS just let me know.

Attached Files:

2. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I just spent a couple minutes looking at your css files and couldn't see right off hand what is causing it - nothing obvious. Maybe I'll give it another look tomorrow.

3. cromwell64 macrumors regular

padding

You have a div styled like this:
    Code:
    #wrapper {
    	clear: both;
    	width: 920px;
    	margin: 0 auto;
    	padding: 0 20px;
    	text-align: left;
    	background: url("../images/wrapper-bg.png") repeat-y 0 0;
    }
    the padding that you are using gives it 0 on top and bottom, and 20px left and right. This is pushing the footer over since it is nested in the wrapper div. If you change this it looks like it will change a lot of other content too.

An easy fix that might work is giving the footer a negative margin, although this might not be the best approach. Try changing the margin in the #footer definition in your stylesheet to this:
    Code:
    margin:0 auto 0 -20px;
    Better yet, remove the footer div from the wrapper div and style it similar to the wrapper so that they line up. This will prevent the background image in the wrapper div from extending to the bottom of the page past the footer.

4. justinm thread starter macrumors member