WordPress Theme that Integrates with iWeb Nicely?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Dmac77, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Hi,

Does anyone know of a WordPress Theme that integrates with iWeb themes nicely. I know that I can't embed my WordPress blog into my iWeb site, so I have it on a subdomain. But I was would like the two sites to look fairly similar, or at least complement each other.

I personally like the Modern Frame and Fine Line Themes in iWeb, if anyone knows of a WordPress theme that looks similar to those, or complements them, I would appreciate it if you could point me in it's direction.

Thanks,

Don

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

I've not got iWeb on my system it seems, but if you post some screenshots I can have a look for you :)

3. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

This is the iWeb theme that I'm planning on using.

Don

Attached Files:

4. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

After a small search, I can't find anything that really matches...

May I enquire as to why you aren't using one or the other for the entire site which would enable the use of only 1 template? Doesn't iWeb allow you to blog?

5. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Well iWeb totally sucks for blogging, and is very limited in what it can do for certain things, I found that out with my old website. Also, the Googlebot and iWeb don't like each other. That's why I don't want to use iWeb for blogging.

I don't want to use WordPress for the entire site, because I don't like WordPress' web-based editor, and in general I just don't like not being able to move things around on the page, and stuff like that. I'm thinking that I might just use a plain black and white theme for the blog, and use the theme that I posted above. We'll see, I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for looking around for me!

Don

6. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Ah, I see...

If you know any code, it would be pretty easy to put one similar together as it's a pretty simple layout. Otherwise you may find some with a similar layout or colour scheme. Now, with WP 2.8, you can search for themes from the theme repository (http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/) right from within the admin area and it lets you specify certain criteria (pic attached).

This might prove useful in finding a reasonable match for you.

-EDIT-
    This one seems similar in layout.... http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/art-magazine

Attached Files:

7. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Thanks for that link. I like the design, but it's to complex (slideshows, etc.). I'm currently using a plain black and white theme, which I think I'll keep. The link to the main site is in my sig (the main site is currently a placeholder), and then just click the link for the blog, if you want to see it.

Thanks for your help,

Don

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you're going to go down the road of "iWeb isn't good for blogging" you might as well extend that to "iWeb isn't good for making websites" in general. Yeah it makes it easy, but it produces much more code than is actually needed and a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles. SEO basically goes out the window, and you are much better off learning what you're doing code-wise rather than relying on it to do the work for you.