words bunching up in safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skep, Jan 15, 2008.

1. skep macrumors newbie

so it happens pretty often. its mostly in larger font areas. like on this site in people replies where it shows your user name, i see some people with all the letters of their name bunched up together instead of being displayed normally. so i just see a big cluster of letters all in one spot where theres only supposed to be one or two letters

kinda hard to explain sorry, id do a screenprint but i dont know how to on a mac yet

is this a common issue for anyone else?

2. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

After installed Office 2008, I have this same exact problem. To do a screenshot press F4 and highlight the area you want to capture, or press F3 to capture the whole screen. The picture will save on your desktop as Picture 1.png

3. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Have you perhaps increased the font size beyond the default? I have only seen text overlapping for this reason.

You can take a screenshot of a certain area with Command+Shift+4.

4. matt07lx macrumors newbie

I just installed Office 2008 last night on my early 2008 MBP, and I am now having the same problems with text bunching in Safari. Sometimes it bunches up, sometimes letters are missing. Either way it is not good - I can barely read this page unless I shrink the text down a lot. Here is a screenshot to show what is happening. Any help resolving this would be MUCH appreciated.

PS - Now I hate microsoft even more.

Attached Files:

5. matt07lx macrumors newbie

Problem solved: apparently when I installed Office I neglected to close down Safari (as MS recommends) and it messed up the fonts during the installation process. Simply quitting Safari and reopening the application did the trick.

Guess I should have tried the obvious before panicking!