Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
so it happens pretty often. its mostly in larger font areas. like on this site in people replies where it shows your user name, i see some people with all the letters of their name bunched up together instead of being displayed normally. so i just see a big cluster of letters all in one spot where theres only supposed to be one or two letters

kinda hard to explain sorry, id do a screenprint but i dont know how to on a mac yet

is this a common issue for anyone else?

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
After installed Office 2008, I have this same exact problem. To do a screenshot press F4 and highlight the area you want to capture, or press F3 to capture the whole screen. The picture will save on your desktop as Picture 1.png

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Have you perhaps increased the font size beyond the default? I have only seen text overlapping for this reason.

You can take a screenshot of a certain area with Command+Shift+4.

matt07lx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
I just installed Office 2008 last night on my early 2008 MBP, and I am now having the same problems with text bunching in Safari. Sometimes it bunches up, sometimes letters are missing. Either way it is not good - I can barely read this page unless I shrink the text down a lot. Here is a screenshot to show what is happening. Any help resolving this would be MUCH appreciated.

PS - Now I hate microsoft even more.

Attachments

• Snapshot 2008-07-31 13-36-29.jpg
    Snapshot 2008-07-31 13-36-29.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 206

matt07lx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
Problem solved: apparently when I installed Office I neglected to close down Safari (as MS recommends) and it messed up the fonts during the installation process. Simply quitting Safari and reopening the application did the trick.

Guess I should have tried the obvious before panicking!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.