Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
I am at Beta 10.0 on a Ipad air 2 the game will start and then crash at various times sometimes almost immediately.
I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled from the cloud, Which did not help.
Is there a way to bypass the cloud download?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I had checked that site and there was no mention of Words with Friends work or not. So that's why I posted here. And I also posted the problem in Feedback.
Seems like Words with Friends is mentioned in the first post (OP) which is a wiki post. It's also mentioned in one of the later posts at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-10-compatible-apps.1977186/page-4#post-23022066 (That thread is basically the better place to check on app capability and ask questions relating to it or provide observations.)

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
When i went to that page I also did a search for Words with Friends and came up with no hits.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
words with friends give me no issues after updating to beta 2 and 3. beta 1 it randomly quit on me, usually after opening.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
How did you get 3 i seem to be stuck at 2?
Developer beta 3 and Public beta 2 are the same build. Apple lets developers beta test first and then starts public beta testing later on. (When software is more prepared)

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
I think the problem may be resolved: I deleted WWF from the Ipad then deleted it in Itunes after a reboot of the Ipad I was now able to download the app from the apple store and not from the cloud. I have been running WWf for over 2 hours no crashes.
[doublepost=1469735993][/doublepost]Sorry to say that the app ran without any crashes till 4PMest but not it is again crashing consistantly.

chrissuth

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2015
Why are people surprised when apps don't run or crash. It's a beta. If you want your apps to all work then stay on 9.3.3. iOS 10 isn't finished and not all apps are coded to run properly if not at all.

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
Are we not supposed to let the developers / users know of the problem. Else how will they know there is a problem "CHRISSUTH"

chrissuth

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2015
Are we not supposed to let the developers / users know of the problem. Else how will they know there is a problem "CHRISSUTH"
To be honest, there the delelopers. Not you. If you require your device to work as it should then do not load unfinished software on it. They will get the app updated when iOS 10 is finished. The developers would know or any crashes the day beta 1 came out.

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
Then why wasn't this app listed in compatible apps if it was known to have a problem. And I do not claim to be a Developer.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Then why wasn't this app listed in compatible apps if it was known to have a problem. And I do not claim to be a Developer.
A user that tried it out and had it working (at least after some initial/occasional issues) updated the wiki post and added it there. Seems like the question would be better asked in that thread.

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
A user that tried it out and had it working (at least after some initial/occasional issues) updated the wiki post and added it there. Seems like the question would be better asked in that thread.
I had tried to post in the Compatible Apps thread but I did not get the option to post a new thread.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I had tred to post in the Compatible Apps thread but I did not get the option to post a new thread.
You don't need to post a new thread as you would simply be posting a reply in an existing thread (as you have been doing here, for example).

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to post a new thread as you would simply be posting a reply in an existing thread (as you have been doing here, for example).
I know why I didn't post there, I guess my search had something wrong and it didn't find anything.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ

I listed it because it was compatible when I was using it with iOS 10 beta 1. It crashes once when you load it for the first time then worked perfectly thereafter. My usage of the app wasn't hindered by the one crash. Therefore, i considered it compatible. It's crashed on non beta iOS versions before so it is what it is. I never tested it on an iPad. When it comes to beta versions, YMMV. what works for me, may not work for you. One crash on startup then working fine thereafter is a plus in my book. You can indeed use the app without issue. Now the BOA app, that was truly incompatible.

joe935

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
I listed it because it was compatible when I was using it with iOS 10 beta 1. It crashes once when you load it for the first time then worked perfectly thereafter. My usage of the app wasn't hindered by the one crash. Therefore, i considered it compatible. It's crashed on non beta iOS versions before so it is what it is. I never tested it on an iPad. When it comes to beta versions, YMMV. what works for me, may not work for you. One crash on startup then working fine thereafter is a plus in my book. You can indeed use the app without issue. Now the BOA app, that was truly incompatible.
Thanks dictoresno, It seems strange that the app ran for 9 hours after a new install and then started crashing consistently. And this morning after about 5 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.