Words With Friends crashing on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by s0nginmyheart, Oct 17, 2011.

1. s0nginmyheart macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Recently I noticed that my WWF app crashes on my iPod touch. It also has the screen black where the names of the players would be (this area is usually white). I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but it seems to crash after a day of use, and this is the third time I've uninstalled/reinstalled.

Can anyone provide any insight? I'm running the latest update of WWF.

Thanks in advance.

2. Annerz macrumors regular

you could try closing out of the program completely. double tap on the home button and then hold down the words with friends app and close it as well as anything else you arent currently using. hopefully restarting will fix the problem

3. s0nginmyheart thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the problem still is occurring. I can tap on the icon, WWF will open and says "loading games..." crash and go back to the home screen. I think I'm going to pull my hair out if I have to keep uninstalling and re-installing...

4. warner7 macrumors newbie

This is happening to me, too, as of a few days ago when I upgraded to the paid version. I even tried restoring my iPod Touch to the factory defaults. Same thing kept happening. When Words crashes in this way, I cannot reopen the app, even after a reboot. The only thing I can do is delete the app and re-install it from the App Store.

Apparently the black background in the games list is a known bug: http://newtoy.zendesk.com/home

But there's no mention of the type of crashing I'm (we're) experiencing on that page.

I'm on an iPod Touch 1G w/ iOS 3.1.3 (the highest firmware available for my device). It's probably time to upgrade... maybe I'll get a smart phone.

5. cmiggs macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. I just updated to the newest update (for ios5) and the name screens were black too. I was able to play for a little while but now it never works. It seems like the same problem you guys are having: it gets stuck updating and loading information and then crashes and goes to the home screen. I also have an ipod touch first generation, perhaps this issue is only on these devices as the software is that much older. Could the only resolution be just to upgrade to a newer ipod touch?

6. s0nginmyheart thread starter macrumors newbie

How were you able to get ios5 on and older ipod touch? I thought it was only available for 3rd and 4th gen? I'm using a 1st gen ipod touch... and no updates are available for it (for ios5).

I have an open ticket with WWF support and they aren't much help. They said to upgrade the ios but I can't...

7. pocolento macrumors newbie

My Ipod touch is also running 3.1.3 and is doing the same thing! Anyone find out how to fix it yet?? Thanks!

8. s0nginmyheart thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been using my iPad in the meantime, but I think Zynga and Apple are coercing us to buy a new iPod - which is really unfair. I caved in on Friday though, when Apple was having a % off Black Friday Sale.

9. xplnusa macrumors regular

I'm having problems with it on my 4S also... So its not just the older devices...