Words With Friends/Facebook

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Chad H, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Hey guys,
    I have been trying to figure this one out for a few days now. I've recently started playing "Words With Friends" on my iPhone 4S and it is connected or logged in via FaceBook so I can see all my friends on there that are playing and start games. Well, it seems that two friends are using "Words With Friends" directly via FaceBook and not a phone application whether it be iOS or Android. So everytime they make a move/play my phone notifies me via the iPhone FaceBook app "So and So sent you a request in Words With Friends" and then immediately after I get the "Words With Friends" app notifying me too. I have went into settings on my iPhone and under FaceBook turned off "Application Requests" and that didn't help. I've went into "Account Settings" in my FaceBook profile on the actual website and unchecked notifications for "Words With Friends" also but it looks like thats strictly for email. Can anybody help me with this? Getting this FaceBook notification is getting annoying. Thanks in advance!

-Chad

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I don't have a solution for you - and this is why I unlinked my WWF account from Facebook. I was getting notifications and emails everywhere. Very annoying.:mad:

3. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
  4. spenserdc, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012