Work email question, exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maximus96, Apr 12, 2011.

1. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

When I get a new email thru my work’s exchange email, the new message shows up on my phone and in outlook, as it should. Now when I view the email in the phone, outlook removes the new email counter almost immediately, again like it should. However, when I view the email in outlook first, it doesn’t get rid of the new mail in the phone until I go in to the mail app. Is there any fix for this.

I don’t have this problem with gmail exchange. As soon as I read the new email in the phone or on a computer, the other gets updated immediately.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

The same thing happens with my Exchange account. I figured it was normal.

3. Insomnihax macrumors newbie

My first guess is how long is the push set up for?

4. maximus96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maximus96

I don't know. is that something on the server side? if so that i'm probably SOL

5. Insomnihax macrumors newbie

Nope. It's in your mail settings. I can't remember what sub-menu it's in. If I didn't sell my iPhone 4 (I know I know I'm a terrible person) I would be able to tell you in an instant. lol.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

There are no options for push. It's either on or off. There are however settings for fetch. Those settings are for accounts that do not support push.

Push is set to on and I still have to open the Mail app just like the OP.