Work Experience At An Apple Retail Store?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Goftrey, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Hey everyone, I'm currently doing my GCSE's in school and am off for work experience in February and was wondering if there's any point in me asking to do work experience with them. Has anyone on here done work experience or knows if they take placements?

I'm worried that if I send them a letter/e-mail they'll think I'm an idiotic kid who likes the stickers and the glow up apple on the back more than anything, and that I have no experience working with computers.

Even though I've been opening computers and messing around with them since I was 7.

Thanks

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Your best bet is probably to go in and ask. To be honest though, the sort of kids Apple wants to employ are the ones who like the stickers and glowing Apple logos.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

How is this relevant to a sales position in which you cater to the lowest common denominator? Why does a 14-year old girl care if you can explain the difference between hard drive and optical disk?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Pop in to the Cardiff store in St. David's It can't hurt to ask, if you don't try, you won't know.

My gut feeling is that they don't do WE, but I'm not sure about that, and anyway, at least you get a day out in Cardiff:)