• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

bmc1818

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
I was given an iPad Mini 2 wifi at work today. It is mine, and I do not have to return it. I would like to get a mini 4 with cellular. It appears to be an institutional version, as it did not come in a retail box.

What are my best options to trade it for a 4, knowing I will have to pay for an upgrade.

dwfaust

macrumors 604
Jul 3, 2011
I was given an iPad Mini 2 wifi at work today. It is mine, and I do not have to return it. I would like to get a mini 4 with cellular. It appears to be an institutional version, as it did not come in a retail box.

What are my best options to trade it for a 4, knowing I will have to pay for an upgrade.

Not likely to work out the way you want it to. The only option would be to return the Mini 2 to the original point of sale, get a refund and buy the device you want. Where ever it was sourced, the odds are very high that any refund for a return would go back to the original purchase method (credit card, purchase order, etc).

Not sure you can get there from here.

Comment

Ray Brady

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
I was given an iPod Touch 6 as an anniversary gift from my employer. As it was only a 16GB model, I brought it to an Apple Store to see if I could pay for an upgrade to a higher capacity model. I was told that the item had been flagged in their system as non-returnable. It had something to do with the way it was purchased, which I assume meant there was some kind of institutional mass discount in play. I wouldn't be surprised if a device bought for corporate use fell into the same category.

Comment

DeltaMac

macrumors G4
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Normally, if a return is allowed, it would be for the original purchaser only (with receipt), and, you are not that person.
If the iPad is a "gift", and not considered by your company as a work requirement, then (maybe) it will be possible.

Don't get your hopes up, but - never hurts to ask at an Apple Store. Your particular situation may be different, and you may be allowed a return for an upgrade.

Or, sell your iPad yourself, and use the money to help get the one that you really want. (Good luck getting anywhere close to selling price :D )

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.