Work in one screen while viewing another

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 0sync0, Oct 25, 2008.

1. 0sync0 macrumors regular

I will be getting training online where I will view another person's screen using Yugma and will be performing the actions I view on my system in another app. I guess the best way to do this would be dual monitors but I have the Mac Mini. My desk doesn't have room for two monitors anyway.

I need to see both screens full size. Is there some way to quickly switch back and forth between two screens? I tried Expose, but it keeps shifting the position of the windows which slows down the process of switching.

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

If you use Leopard you can use Spaces. System Pref>Expose/Spaces. You can set one screen to space #1 and the other screen to space #2 then set it up in the Spaces Pref so you can hit CTRL+the space # you want and it will switch.

ie: I am in space # 1, want to switch to space # 2, CTRL+2....

Hope that helps

3. 0sync0 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I have Spaces but haven't used it. I'll check it out.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

As Jon said, spaces it is and spaces was designed for just this reason. I mean, sure other reasons ... but here's one of them where spaces comes in handy.

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I love spaces. I have 9 set up and I really like how you can assign apps to a specific space...

6. 0sync0 thread starter macrumors regular