Work iPad and iTunes Match

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chiscocks, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Chiscocks macrumors newbie

Chiscocks

Hi all

I have an iPad I use for work. When setting it up I registered it according to policy using my work specific Apple ID. It means I can use apps that work have bought licences for and I can use the printer and work network. I had to install some certificates and profiles.

Most of my apps I use on my home devices (MacBook, iMac and iPhone) are Google related so I'm able to use my iPad with those. However I'm stumped when it comes to iTunes.

When I sign in to iTunes on my iPad with my home Apple ID I have that 'this device is registered with a different account and if you switch you can't change back for 60 days' message.

If I do that will it screw with my work things and render said iPad useless at work or is it just iTunes which I don't use at work anyway?

Appreciate its a broad question given the ins and outs of a potential work setup but happy to provide details if needed. I'd ask the network manager at work but he's v busy at the moment so will wait s few weeks, try here first.

Cheers
    Chris

2. bensisko macrumors 65816

I switch the Apple ID on my device between work and personal all the time, though I don't often interface it with any computer. If you're streaming music through the music app (iTunes Match or Apple Music) you don't need iTunes. Just log out of one account and log in to the other. If you want to sync with iTunes, it becomes slightly more complicated. Probably the easiest way to do it is to make the iPad and your work computer an "authorized" computer with your home account, then sync with your home account.

3. Chiscocks thread starter macrumors newbie

Chiscocks

Ok thanks for the reply. I guess I'm worried that by 'transferring the device' I'll lose my work settings. Anyone else done this?