Work Iphone - Music at home

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by serge2k, May 21, 2012.

1. serge2k macrumors member

My work finally gave me the iPhone 4S to replace my old BB Storm. So my question is this: How can I get my home music to the iPhone? Please note that at work I have a PC and at home I have a macbook where I keep my music.

I have done the following:
    - I have downloaded iTunes to my work PC (windows xp)
    - I have registered the iPhone to my personal apple account in my work PC.

Now I know apple is very restrictive with their products to a specific computer. So would this be possible at all?

Any other tips from people that have an iPhone from work? Thanks for any info guys.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why would you set up your phone on your work computer? Set it up at home and transfer the music over.

3. DollaTwentyFive, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012

DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

iTunes match. Set it up on your MacBook and then log in on your phone with the same Apple iD. iMO, worth the $2.50/month.

4. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

You can 'authorize' more than one computer with iTunes and your phone. Install iTunes at home, plug your phone in and point iTunes to your music folder. Sync.

5. serge2k thread starter macrumors member

I couldn't wait to get home, I started syncing all my apps to it.

----------

Is it going to be that easy? I already have itunes in my mac. The only reason I ask is because the only experience I have had with this is with my itouch and I know it's very picky when going between computers and more with them being different OS (windows to Mac)

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

This. You can also set it up at work and be able to access all the music over the net without having to download it all :)

7. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Pick ONE machine you want to sync with (at home) and stick with it. You get into trouble when you try to sync on more than one box.

I only sync music and podcasts. The rest syncs over WiFi...

8. serge2k thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I figured and I knew that I should have done that but since I was impatient and synced it on my work comp first, now that I will sync it to my home Mac what will erase when I sync to it? Is this going to be a whole reset of the system?

Thanks for the help guys... really appreciate it!!!