Work/Study Pro Machine: The Perfect Size

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by -BigMac-, Feb 12, 2017.

?

Which size Macbook Pro do you prefer for work/study?

1. 13"

2. 15"

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. -BigMac- macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

Hey guys.

I'm heading back into uni this year, and was wondering - from experience - which size Macbook Pro do you all prefer. Either at work or at university or both.

A little description of your thoughts/experience would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

You'll get more helpful input if you describe more what you intend to use it for, and what matters to you in a computer.

3. -BigMac- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

The thread is about what the readers prefer :)

4. erichui84 macrumors newbie

for my work flow I would definitely prefer 13 over 15.

Here are the Macs I have used over the years:

- 2007 Macbook Pro 15
    - 2011 Macbook Air 13 (Sandy Bridge i5 4GB RAM)
    - 2016 Macbook Pro 13 TB (16GB RAM)

Most of the time I use my laptop while I am travelling so I value portability over power. That said for what I use it for, I don't really see much value with a 15 inch screen with quad core. (to me, if you have to ask whether you need a quad core chances is you probably don't and you will know it if you really need it)

I usually use my laptop for web browsing, email, music, programming (xcode for iOS, VM in Linux and also Windows for Visual Studio for .net)

My Macbook air with 4GB ram was a bit restrcting since It would be a lot easier for me to be able to run 2VM at the same time but since upgrading to the 2016 mbp I haven't once wish it was quicker.

That being said I do have a desktop computer both at my office and home (both windows machine) for me to use (I usually do use my desktop when I can, but I think I will be happy to use my 2016 13 MBP if I do not have a desktop to use)

5. -BigMac- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

thats awesome! thanks so much for your reply :)
    So you could see the 13" being your only daily driver?