Workaround for missing "remove email from server when deleted" setting?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kgomara, Sep 16, 2009.

1. kgomara macrumors newbie

The workflow in a client's office requires that several users have total access to each of several e-mail accounts. In their desktop Entourage clients I have the settings at "delete from server after 30 days", and "remove from server when deleted". All is well on the desktops.

The boss just got an iPhone (yea!). I have that set to "Delete from server -- Never". Everything is working great - except for spam...and there's a lot of spam. When traveling she uses the iPhone in lieu of a laptop, and feels the need to delete the spam as it clutters the Inbox excessively. Her desktop Entourage does not automatically download e-mails on a scheduled basis - she prefers to manually click Send/Receive. Unfortunately the spam e-mails deleted on the iPhone are still on the server - and download to Entourage when she returns to the office and clicks Send/Receive. And must be deleted again...

So, the only possibility I see is "delete from server -- when removed from Inbox". The trade-off is she wouldn't be able to organize e-mail into folders on the iPhone. Is there any other work-around?

Thanks

2. peteding macrumors newbie

Has anyone got this to work? I have been trying delete the mails on my pop3 account but to no avail. The following settings is on my iphone. 3GS 32gb 3.1
    Remove is set to "after one day"
    Delete from server "When removed from inbox"