Workaround for Version 1.0 Bugs

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by NotSafeForWork, Apr 26, 2015.

1. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

I had a few issues start to pile up, most annoying of which were:-

1. No sound from watch notifications (I was sure I had checked all the correct options)
    2. Siri not activating (Hey Siri or long press on crown did nothing)

So I factory reset the watch and re-paired and restored from the backup (on the iPhone app).

Everything works 100% now - audio is back (I changed nothing and now the sounds are back) and Siri is reliable again.

Just a suggestion if the watch isn't behaving itself - restore takes about 30 minutes all in.

2. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

To restore, is this just the "erase all content and settings"? or is there another restore process?

3. NotSafeForWork thread starter macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

ON YOUR WATCH: Settings - General - Reset

When you pair again with your iPhone Watch app you are presented with the option to restore from a backup of your Watch.

The restore I did also made my Haptics work better (stronger) too.

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Do you know how much the backup takes up on your phone? I wonder if we'll have a lot of 16 gb iPhone people in trouble with the watch back up and the ne 3rd party apps running on their phone with the limited space.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I had a problem where notifications went to my phone first and then the watch, even when the phone wasn't in use.

I unpaired the watch form my iPhone then repaired and restored from backup, and it seems to work fine now.

6. NotSafeForWork thread starter macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

I looked at the storage usage on my iPhone and the Apple Watch app itself shows as 40.5KB (yes, KB, not even MB). So it may be just the Watch settings data and everything else it restores (content like music, photos) is just copied from those existing libraries on the iPhone?

7. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

That's awesome.