Worked for me untill now.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by rm2092, Aug 14, 2008.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Well Mobileme worked great for me untill now. To start with yesterday i created new contact groups and all went well and then today I added some new phone numbers while I was at work and thinking they would update my MacBook nut I guess not. I log into my mobileme account and the names ans numbers are there and on the phone but there not syncing with my pc now ?

I get this message
    Contacts could not be synced due to inconsistent data.
    Confirm that your computers data is valid, then reset contacts on mobileme in sys prefences.

I did not create contact groups on my second computer, thanks for any help...

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

I'd advice anyone using mobileme for contacts to keep a separate backup copy - as the cure for inconsistent data is basically a wipe of the cloud data, and then repopulating it, as from what i've heard thusfar, inconsistent data = corrupted cloud data. It's a problem that they haven't really fixed yet. Even the export functin from the me.com site has been taken out :S