Workflow...has a programmable complication!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Hicks., Sep 24, 2015.

1. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

This is super interesting. The app basically has a programmable complication.

For example, you could: log your weight, calculate your ETA home, tweet your last photo, or record audio. It will make a number of apps obsolete, if you're buying them solely for the complication aspect.

Their website hasn't been updated yet, but it now supports watchOS 2 and complications. https://workflow.is/on/your/wrist

Feel free to post your complication workflows.

2. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

It's a bit random if you have more than one complication switched on. I've dropped mine down to the text ETA home to my husband but it still feels slow to me.

3. CobraPA macrumors 6502

Nice :) So it looks like you can take any Watch capable workflow and trigger it from a complication?

4. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

That's the theory... My ETA hangs on GetTraveltime...

5. Hicks. thread starter macrumors regular

Hicks.

Mine works OK - I did have to allow access to maps within the workflow on the iPhone first though. But this may be because I reset my settings a few days ago.

6. Hicks. thread starter macrumors regular

Hicks.

7. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Had a reply back via Reddit, seems the messages aspect is rather buggy and in effect they're waiting on Apple to fix :(

8. nicho macrumors 68000

this is a shame. it's what i'd use the complication for the most. hoping it gets fixed soon!

9. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Their watch-specific actions are well thought out. I am going on a trip so I made a currency converter. I fully expected to have to speak to the mic on the watch to input the numbers (and live with the less-than-stellar accuracy), but to my surprise it has a number pad on the watch to input the numbers!

10. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

If it worked I'd be stoked. Unfortunately, it crashes for nearly every watch workflow. Can you get anything to work?

11. parrot5 macrumors 6502

The only one I tried was a currency converter and it still works. I customized it for only two currencies so it didn't have a lot to sift through, maybe that's why it works fine for me.

12. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but thought with iOS and WOS updates i'd give home ETA another go.
    Pleased to say it worked! Admittedly I'm at home and on wifi, but the message popped up in the messages app, I just had to hit send, and can confirm it was received OK.
    Time to review my workflows again :)

13. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Yes I can confirm that the latest watchOS update fixed the issue with workflow. Furthermore the developer emailed me directly to let me know that the new watchOS update would resolve the issue.

14. nicho macrumors 68000

I went back to workflow but half of them won't sync to my watch. I wonder if incompatible ones won't and somehow they're incompatible. Time to review them.