Workflow video with Vincent Laforet

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dmax35, May 25, 2013.

1. dmax35, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013

dmax35 macrumors 6502

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Something that I am going to have to get soon!

Just finished shooting a short on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera and came away with over 800GBs of raw .dngs for a 5 minute film.

60+ hours later I had some proxy ProRes files from AE that I could finally edit!

The issue is with the size of this project I only have one copy of all the footage! I will definitely need to upgrade my storage in the future!

3. Ben McBurnie macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks dmax

I watched the video and I think this definitely looks like something I may get in the future. I couldn't find the price on their website however wonder if I'm missing something. Anyway, looks really cool should help me with my edits in the future.

Regards,
    Ben McBurnie, Vancouver editor
    http://benmcburnie.com

4. dmax35 thread starter macrumors 6502

I looked into the product, it's $749.00 US which includes the dock unit with 2 USB 3.0 drives. Your able to pull the drives and use them separate in the field and return back to the dock & transfer under Tbolt speeds.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

That is a pretty slick little system. Thanks for the link to the video. Some good stuff in it.

6. darelmiler macrumors newbie

The G-Drive Pro with Thunderbolt, that particular storage solution promises hard drive capacity with SSD-like performance, using the Thunderbolt interface the external storage solution is able to deliver sustained data transfer rates of up to 480 MB/s. Thunderbolt ports for storage expansion and the ability to daisy chain with other Thunderbolt devices.