Working for apple?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jbonante, Aug 16, 2007.

1. jbonante macrumors member

Hello, I've been visiting this site for some time now and today decided to set up an account so this is my first post.

I was wondering how many ppl here have worked for apple?

Retail or company?

I've been doing research on the company and was thinking about applying for a job with Apple. I am graduating form College this December with a Bachelor Degree in Communications. I would like to apply for a marketing, advertising or sales position. Can anyone shed some light on how I would go about doing this? (If you have done it already)

Also some other questions...

Salary? in retail or comapny (I thought about applying for a retail position to get some experience first before trying to work my way up)

I’m moving to New York and Apple’s headquarters is based out of California, is there marketing, advertising, sales jobs in New York too or just California? (I would imagine)

Any information would be helpful

Thank You

2. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

3. jbonante thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but I’ve been to the site.

The site talks a little about each job description but no salary range or specifics the site wants you to apply and submit your resume.

I was looking for greater detain before doing so

Thanks for your time

4. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

A lot of companies won't advertise starting salaries. Some new employees might not appreciate their salary being publically available. The best you will get is a range of salaries and you would probably have to ask. I always think that asking about money in a job interview makes you look a little more interested in the money than the job so I would suggest enquiring at one of the events that they mention if you can make it.

5. LilMac macrumors newbie

LilMac

Working at the Apple Store.

I am also considering working for Apple. I have filled out a application online and have received no response. I am a pro care member and have been training in Logic for about 6 months. I always enjoy my visits to the Apple Store and I starting thinking I'd like to work there. I am particularly interested in the creative job title. Does anyone know what they're looking for in the creative job title? Do you have to know all the mac applications to get the job? Will they hire me just based on my knowledge in one specific program? How can I increase my chances of getting the job?

Any help is much appreciated?

LilMac

6. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

Possible New Campaign, :apple:"Think Indifferent":apple
    thought this might appeal to those who have received less than stellar customer servvice as time goes on.:D

7. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I have a good friend who works pretty high up in Apple's corporate structure.

Just so you know, Apple's marketing/advertising is handled almost exclusively by TBWA\Chiat\Day. According to my friend, Apple does employee a few people in house (in Cupertino, not NY), but they are mostly gophers who coordinate between TBWA\Chiat\Day and Apple execs. They don't really do anything creative.

If you do get a job with Apple, be prepared to give up your posting life here at MacRumors, as Apple makes all employees (including sales people at Apple Stores) sign a non-disclosure agreement which prevents them from posting at sites like this while they are employed, and for several years after.