Working for Stormfront - Apple Retailer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Pgstyle, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Pgstyle macrumors newbie

Hey users,

Would appreciate a wide varied help base here. I have just got myself a job in a new Apple retailer in my home town.

I do know about apple products, use an iMac myself and an iPhone. I would just like some links and information on how I can basically get to know everything I can about the products, and the best source unless its here for apple news.

And any advice on how I can get Windows fan-boys to buy Apple products from me :p?

Many thanks,

Pg

2. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

One thing to say is that the best Windows PC's are made by Apple.

Some sources, they're a little old, but the facts haven't changed:
    Gearlog
    Pogue
    SwitchToAMac
    PCWorld

3. Pgstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Fantastic thanks dude, great advice for me! Selling these things isn't going to be hard. But I'd like to know myself everything there is to know.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Read the tech specs on Apple's website. If you don't know what something is, Google it.

Generally the best approach is to take any honest assessment of the advantages and disadvantages of owning a Mac and fail to mention the disadvantages. Read any of the posts by the resident blind fanboys on these forums.

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

As stupid as it sounds, the Apple web page for each of the products (and services, like AppleCare) is a great place to learn. The tech specs are good, and on the "general info" pages, you can take how Apple positions each of the products features/benefits there and directly apply them in your presentations. 99% of your customers will probably know little about the product, so you'll probably not be spending too much time on tech specs, vs more of the higher-level "gee, it can do that?" features of the product.

Don't be an Apple fan-boy, ... don't be afraid to admit when something about an Apple isn't perfect. Have enough Windows experience that they'll appreciate that you know enough about both platforms to not be talking crap to them.

6. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Putting the Windows user's mind at ease that a switch to Mac isn't a full-on leap (e.g. they can step slowly with Windows installed) often greases the wheels.

The next thing you need to tackle is the price difference. It's still true that with computers, you get what you pay for. With Apple you get a machine with top-tested parts, world class customer service, and usually twice the actual lifetime than a PC assembler.

7. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Try the app Mactracker for info on all different types of Macs and Apple products. And then start using them yourself. Your enthusiasm will be contagious. :D

8. Pgstyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, and yeah I do know ins and outs of all windows os, as I used to be an IT Technician and I now do private IT repair work for businesses.

But ok Apple website seems promising to get the best information, and it doesn't sound stupid. Microsoft's website wouldn't have decent information about their own operating system aswell as other sites.

Mactracker looks sweet! Thanks man! :cool:

9. Benjay macrumors member

You get access to ASTO (Apple Sales Training Online). Use it as much as you can and make sure you keep up to date. That way you'll stay on top of things. :)