working GBA emulator!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ohio state fan, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ohio state fan macrumors member

Has anyone else tried the game boy advance emulator. I have found it to be amazingly entertaining. All you have to do is download the emu from the installer then sftp the GBA bios to the .app folder. Then ofcourse download roms. I just got done playing pokemon, not perfectly smooth (only version 0.0.5) but very decent. And its the full version.

2. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

i tried golden sun and final fantasy tactics, both didn't work.

3. ohio state fan thread starter macrumors member

Did you put the gba bios in the .app folder because I have final fantasy tactics and it works perfectly fine. Not all gba bios work you have to find the right one. The first one I got ended up not working.

4. mcb00f macrumors newbie

I've got it working on mine too, wouldn't say it's working 'perfectly fine' though. That being said, its only very early days and i'm sure it will improve over the next few weeks. Much more fun than the NES emulator!
    ipod touch gets better every day!! :D

5. ohio state fan thread starter macrumors member

ya its not perfect, got a bit carried away with excitement. Sure its got its ok I'd and flaws, but for its early stages it is not that bad at all. And still very playable.

6. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Am I missing something? I don't see that on the installer, unless I have to manually add in the GBA program itself.

7. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

its call gpsphone or something completely unrelated to GBA.

finally got a copy of a working bios. FF tactics works but kind of slow. i wish the controls didn't take up so much space. something like the NES controller size would be good.

8. halyfax macrumors newbie

how do I SSH into the touch to install the files? I have SSH on the ipod but when I try to connect using FUGO/Fetch I need a user / pass where do I get the user pass?

9. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

username: root
    password: alpine

10. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Mmmmm. Advance Wars on my iPhone would be soooooo nice!

11. ohio state fan thread starter macrumors member

performance updates are being worked on and will be improving at a pretty fast rate. If you don't want to wait for the installer to get updates when they come out, you can get them from www.zodttd.com. After the performance is up to par they will be working on the visual. So hopefully they will make the screen bigger.

12. halyfax macrumors newbie

yeah the screen is pretty small, and the audo is pretty bad cuts in and out

13. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Haha i love it. Haven't played Pokemon since I was a kid... Once issues of hang time and slight freezing up here and there it should be great. controls are a lot better than the NES emu

14. hayakuu macrumors newbie

does anyone know how to make Warioware twisted! work with the accelerometer? This game would make excellent use of it, but its only a rom and not the cartridge itself, so it doesnt have the motion sensor, does anyone know how to make it work with the accelerometer?

Link to it gba-rom-news.org/rom_2000.html

15. simoncoul macrumors member

Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble get the emulator to work. I got the bios from the gpSP for the psp, which I'm assuming this emulator is based off of because of the name. I put it into the the apps folder and then I put a rom into the proper folder, but when I start the game I just get a black screen any idea of what is going wrong?

Thanks

16. ohio state fan thread starter macrumors member

you dont have the right bios......many bios on the web are buggy or just do not work. Happened to me the first one i got.

17. simoncoul macrumors member

hey thanks I tried I different bios and now it's running, it's a bit choppy, but at least it's working!

18. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

19. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Sigh, just a bad picture, nevermind. I'm assuming it can run all my regular NES ROMs, correct (since a normal GBA can)? Also, is there a way to change the icon name in the Springboard (gpSPhone kinda sucks)?

20. tonybeyondo macrumors member

Download the new update- 0.7 - there are many bug fixes including the right control pad being absent in some games. Also, sound is better. I'm loving this stuff- bring on the SNES!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

21. ohio state fan thread starter macrumors member

wow this must have been a huge update. The performance has gotten much better. Pokemon works like a charm now. Sound still sucks a little though.

22. hayakuu macrumors newbie

i cant put on 0.0.7 on the touch , its just a white screen then goes back to the springboard And when i tried to download 0.0.7 thru installer and run it, there arent any icons on the bottom, no blue icons just words like saved game and most recent, and the games dont even start! Whats going on?!?!?!

23. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

24. simoncoul macrumors member

After the update mine is still running pretty choppy, and one know of which key words I should google to get a better bios, the used the first one when u do GBA bios?

25. ohio state fan thread starter macrumors member

how did you. Change the name from gpsphone. I would also like to do this.