Working in Canada

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furious, Feb 8, 2010.

1. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to live and work in another country for a while. I would like to know some good companies people might have used that help you get in contact with employers in Canada. I lean toward Canada at the moment due to a crush I have on someone who is from there. We met in a backpackers and I fell for her spell.

So has any Australian or anyone from another country worked in Canada. I would like to work in a Ski town for the winter and maybe in an office job once the snow season is over.

I have search with google for companies, but at this stage I do not trust what most of the companies are saying. I have a Degree if that helps. It is a Commerce degree.

2. thesmall macrumors member

3. mstrze macrumors 68000

I know that generally Canada is very picky about hiring people who are not Canadians. I had a friend who was a TV weather system installer and trainer and he even had issues getting through customs because they asked him whether or not a Canadian could be doing this job. :rolleyes:

I know that it's tough for Americans to crack...don't know about for an Australian. Like I said, unless you are extremely specialized they are going to go for a 'local' first. Your best luck is to pick up and move there and THEN apply. :(

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

5. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

thanks I will check it out. if anyone has more information I would be grateful.