Working Off-line??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gtimark, Apr 8, 2008.

1. gtimark macrumors member

I can't seem to find a way to work off-line with Safari and my MB. I can do this with Windows and Firefox ... is it possible with Safari and Leopard?? I searched and came up with nothing. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

What do you mean offline? What are you trying to do?

3. gtimark thread starter macrumors member

It's a long story, but in short, I want to re-play a BBC video clip to my class. Unfortunately, our high school has many firewalls and other methods of blocking certain topics and themes, such as videos.

To get around this, I can watch the video online via Windows and Firefox. Then, when I set Firefox to "work off line", I can bring up the show thru cache (I guess) without actually accessing the Net.

I will show my class the video this way, but it is rather annoying to not be able to use my MB. :mad:

4. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Why not try and download the video before hand? I'm not familar with BBC videos specifically, but there are programs out there to pull the video out of flash, quicktime, youtube, etc.

Also, why not use the mac version of firefox for only this purpose?

5. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

You could fully load the video at home, then leave the web-page open so when you take it to school you can watch it there.

6. gtimark thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick responses!!

I've thought about both ideas, but the specific show is "Top Gear" and I believe their videos are protected in some fashion since I haven't had any luck downloading them to my hard drive. The closest I've come to down loading is viewing through Firefox and then "working off line."

I guess I'll have to get Firefox for Mac before tomorrow morning!! :)

Again, thanks for your suggestions.