Working offline Without internet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kat.hayes, Apr 11, 2016.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I am going to need to be without internet for a while and want to access PDFs, word, excel, and numbers files. What is the best way of doing this? Will it save my changes even without Internet?

Thanks

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

do you mean you'll be without internet, or internet connection (ie, wifi) ?

if you'll be without connection then nothing will update. yuo'll need to proceed with all your files stored locally on your device.

3. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will be without internet of any sort at an all day event. I just want to make sure that anything I do to a document while offline will be saved and uploaded when I get back to an internet connection?

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

should auto update. if it doesn't just give the files you've amended a polite nudge. dropbox always checks and updates my files automatic when i've been offline.

5. Wackery macrumors 6502a

I think all iCloud files are stored locally then when you reconnect they'll sync to update them all

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Dropbox at least will check and update. I'm assuming iCloud will as well, although I haven't used it personally to know for sure.

7. kultschar macrumors 6502a

I guess only problem with Dropbox is that you will need select your files to be available offline first before you travel!?

Is this correct?

Im guessing iCloud will keep local copy and always accessible??

Can anybody confirm as im also in similar situation