Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyInk

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2009
U.S.
It looks nice.. I've put my fair hand into designing sites and I can see you've done some smooth work.. buddy me, I would love to see the finished product

Mac SK

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2008
It feels good to look at, like what they sale. If the hover links on the header could change color that would be cool.:cool:

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Gonna work on it some more today will take the feedback on about a hover effect for the navigation i usually do that but canny think of a good hover colour.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
It's really nice, the colour scheme is great and corresponds with the business. I'm also liking the header at the top with site navigation, the person viewing the site knows exactly where they are. Like mentioned earlier I think a rollover colour on these buttons couldn't be a bad thing.
Really nice though, love to see when finished.
What is a css reset?

memco

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2008
That looks good. I think a different color for the footer links would be good because they're a little hard to read right now. Also, the background on the footer is noticeably offset from the rest of the bg. Check out this demo to see an example of how to use fixed background attachments to align background images.

@Dal123: Check out YUI Grids reset. There's a video on that page that explains how to use the tools. I just implemented their reset and fonts (but not the grids.css) on a site I'm working on, and I find it very useful for getting everything consistent cross-browser.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
That looks good. I think a different color for the footer links would be good because they're a little hard to read right now. Also, the background on the footer is noticeably offset from the rest of the bg. Check out this demo to see an example of how to use fixed background attachments to align background images.

@Dal123: Check out YUI Grids reset. There's a video on that page that explains how to use the tools. I just implemented their reset and fonts (but not the grids.css) on a site I'm working on, and I find it very useful for getting everything consistent cross-browser.

Can you attach a image of this issue you have seen with the offset background and tell me the browser you tested on.

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
took a while to load on my browser(FF). Also, the products page feels not complete, so i don't know if that was a place holder or the real deal, otherwise, i like the template and what do i know right?

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
took a while to load on my browser(FF). Also, the products page feels not complete, so i don't know if that was a place holder or the real deal, otherwise, i like the template and what do i know right?

Aye still working on the products she is not to sure what options she wants for it yet.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
Thanks for Link!

Thanks for that link, I had no idea what it was all about. Thanks again. Do keep us updated with your site.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Well it would seem my side of it is finished, i have made all the text areas editable text that links to a database and finished the order page and linked to the catalogue like asked :( (i wanted to make a full shopping cart).

Just gotta integrate the paypal payment button and current orders in the admin page.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
Is the top of the page a header?

Baby Jen, what did you do to create the top of the page? (navigation around the site and "Katies Cards", Is it a header? So you can simply place it in on the next page?
One little constructive crticism is that I've just noticed as you navigate through the pages "about us" moves, which is cool but white on white creates noise with the pretty pattern on the right. Maybe a different colour? It's not really a big thing. If I could create a website of this standard I would be very proud!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.